A new survey shows that 4 in every 5 students on the Step Up to Social Work programme have secured jobs as children’s social workers. This doesn’t include those currently applying for jobs, so the figure is likely to be significantly higher. In comparison, 39% of those on social work masters courses go on to practise social work. It’s also significant that 96% of Step Up’s first cohort felt prepared for social work practice.
- From brand manager to graduate intern
- “There’s so many doors the brand manager role can open to you”
- The Frontline programme: Year two policy
- Talking about mental health at work helped me in ways that I never thought it could
- Learning about leadership in social work was my favourite part of the student internship