BCG Perspectives: Social disadvantage is extremely hard to overcome. In the UK, for example, children who have spent time in protective care are 9 times more likely to be expelled from school, 6 times less likely to attend university, 40 times more likely to be imprisoned before reaching the age of 21, and 50 times more likely to be homeless later in life. And the number of UK children in care is growing, rising 12 percent in the last five years. The numbers are depressingly similar in other countries around the world.
- The Frontline programme: Year two policy
- Talking about mental health at work helped me in ways that I never thought it could
- Learning about leadership in social work was my favourite part of the student internship
- Reflections on my time as a student intern at Frontline
- Explore our opportunities for students and graduates in 2019