BCG Perspectives: Social disadvantage is extremely hard to overcome. In the UK, for example, children who have spent time in protective care are 9 times more likely to be expelled from school, 6 times less likely to attend university, 40 times more likely to be imprisoned before reaching the age of 21, and 50 times more likely to be homeless later in life. And the number of UK children in care is growing, rising 12 percent in the last five years. The numbers are depressingly similar in other countries around the world.
- Frontline Summer Institute Week 1: What sort of social worker do you want to be?
- NOTIFICATION OF TENDER FOR FIRSTLINE RESIDENTIAL VENUES
- Frontline selects Lancaster University to be programme partner
- Never assume that the current way of working is the best way
- Here’s why we should “bring our whole selves to work”