Practice Tutor/ Principal Practice Tutor
Salary: Practice Tutors £45,000, excluding London weighting + competitive pension. Principal Practice Tutors £53,000, excluding London weighting + competitive pension Location: South Central and London Deadline: 18 July midnight
To help us achieve our mission, we are recruiting several qualified social workers, particularly those with post qualifying qualifications and those who are dual qualified family therapists. We are looking for candidates who can lead the delivery of teaching and supporting our participants in their local authority units, take programme lead responsibilities as appropriate and supervise our 2nd year MSc students. We are seeking a positive gender balance and therefore encourage applications from men and from those with personal or professional experience within environments in which class and/or disadvantage play a key role.
Over the last two years at Frontline we have been focussed on our ambitious growth plan, which has enabled us to successfully increase participant and Firstline Leader numbers, so we can have an even greater positive impact on the children and families with whom we work. The work of our skilled Practice Tutors and Principal Practice Tutors has meant that we have been able to strengthen our regional model and deliver a high quality programme that focusses on participants developing clear skills in 3 distinct practice models; Systemic Practice, Motivational Interviewing and Parenting Interventions based on Social Learning Theory.
The Practice Tutors/Principal Practice Tutors work closely as a peer group to share effective ways of working across participant units, local authorities and regions. Additionally, they play a key role within the development and delivery of our social work curriculum, contributing knowledge and expertise to create a culture that promotes outstanding social work education and that enables teams to do their best work in order to achieve our mission to transform the lives of vulnerable children and families.
At Frontline, how you approach your work is as important as what you do in your role. We are looking for people who demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leadership: Model analysis and decision-making based on a systems view whilst using curiosity, empathy and imagination. Be willing to have challenging conversations, clarify expectations, set appropriate standards and ensure goals are achieved.
- Communication: Strong Interpersonal and communication skills. Able to build and maintain positive relationships and be assertive, curious and persuasive in a respectful way to ensure others are motivated, focused and held to account as required.
- Resilience and reflectiveness: Constantly considers different people’s contexts and adapts behaviours and approaches as necessary to achieve results. Regularly evaluates own and teams’ performance and works to develop awareness in others.
Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam,
nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive pension employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + office closes from 25 Dec to 2 Jan
- Interest free loan for season ticket or bicycle
- Personal coaching and mentoring
- Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteering days
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance programme