A new survey shows that 4 in every 5 students on the Step Up to Social Work programme have secured jobs as children’s social workers. This doesn’t include those currently applying for jobs, so the figure is likely to be significantly higher. In comparison, 39% of those on social work masters courses go on to practise social work. It’s also significant that 96% of Step Up’s first cohort felt prepared for social work practice.
- As a brand manager, I can do meaningful work alongside my degree
- How the Frontline graduate internship could help kick-start your career
- Why it’s so important to provide extra support for care leavers at Christmas
- Why I decided not to give up pushing for change
- Let’s return to the foundations of social care: serving families, not the system