For me working in child protection is a bit like being in a big family. There’s always a drama, never a dull moment, but at the end of the day everyone’s got your back and it’s the tears and the laughter that get you through. You pull together and you keep on going, because ultimately everyone’s there for the same reason: to try and make a difference to those people whose own families aren’t as fortunate.
- Why it’s so important to provide extra support for care leavers at Christmas
- Why I decided not to give up pushing for change
- Let’s return to the foundations of social care: serving families, not the system
- New model for children’s social care launches
- Charity calls for more men in social work on International Men’s Day
Search articles by date