In order to be eligible for our programme you must:
- Have a 2:1 or above in an undergraduate honours degree (predicted or obtained).
- Have grade C or above in Maths and English Language GCSE (or equivalent).
- Be able to demonstrate competence in IT as well as spoken and written English.
- Be eligible to reside and study in the UK (including access to public funds for non-EEA applicants).
- NOT be a qualified social worker or be currently studying a degree to become a social worker.
All necessary documents will need to be seen at Assessment Centre stage. Please note we are unable to consider any requests for extenuating circumstances.
If English is not your first language you may be required to provide evidence of a relevant qualification or test. Click here for more details.
In order to meet our entry requirements for the programme, you will be required to declare any previous offences. If successful in the application process, you will need to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check to ensure your suitability to work with vulnerable groups. You will also need to book an appointment with your GP to verify a health check questionnaire which we’ll ask you to complete. You will need to give us permission to contact your GP or other medical professional, if necessary, to confirm your suitability for social work training.
On successful completion of Year 1, you will be eligible to register as a social worker with the Health and Care Professions Council which regulates social workers in England – the Standards of Proficiency can be found here.
Please note, during peak times it may take us longer to respond to emails, so we ask that you read our FAQ thoroughly before emailing queries through to us.