Over 700,000 children in England rely on the support of social workers each year. That’s why we develop excellent social work practice and leadership.
Frontline is a charity with a mission to create social change for children who do not have a safe or stable home, by developing excellent social work practice and leadership. We are working towards this through the Frontline and Firstline programmes, and by building a movement of leaders in and outside of social work as part of our Fellowship.
WHAT IS SOCIAL WORK?
The role of a social worker is to improve the lives of the people they support, as well as their families. While social workers work with people of all ages, our focus at Frontline is on recruiting and developing children’s social workers.
- Be brave: be prepared to challenge and don’t always reach for the easy answer
- Show respect: recognise and value the contributions ofothers
- Pioneer: generate new ideas and make waves by sharing successes and setbacks
- Stay curious: be continually reflective and open to adapting how we work
- What matters is what works: be practical, flexible and outcome-focused