We are not currently accepting applications for Pathway 2. Register your interest to receive a notification when applications open again.
This pathway will help you drive impact and support the delivery of excellent social work practice within and beyond your team.
Why apply to Pathway 2?
Pathway 2 will give you evidence-informed tips, tools and approaches to:
- set and communicate a vision for your team
- embed anti-racist, anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive practices
- build a culture of effective feedback within your team
- support the mental health and wellbeing of your team
- draw on and critique research to develop the quality of practice
- work effectively with key stakeholders to lead positive change
On completing the programme you will receive a certificate of completion and CPD record. The CPD record provides details of your learning and supports you to log your CPD for professional registration.
You can enjoy exclusive access leadership networks, including joining the Frontline Fellowship, a growing community of social workers trained by Frontline. In the Fellowship you can continue to develop your skills, share excellent practice and turn your insight into innovations, with continued support from Frontline.
Completion of the aspirant pathway prepares you for promotion to middle manager roles and completion of the in-role pathway prepares you for accessing Pathway 3.
What does Pathway 2 involve?
Pathway 2 is a 10-month programme with a time commitment of approximately 7 days, including two residentials (2 days / 2 nights).
The programme is fully funded by the Department of Education, so there is no charge to you or your employer. However, it’s vital that you attend all sessions and are given sufficient time to complete the self-study modules to ensure you can gain the full benefit of the programme.
In-role applicants: confirmation of your line manager support will need to be provided in the application form to ensure full engagement and participation in all elements of the programme.
Who is Pathway 2 for?
This pathway is for:
- In-role team managers: qualified social workers who are managers of practice supervisors but are not heads of service. You will have operational and management responsibilities. You will lead a team of social workers and manage the risk of a substantial case load of children.
- For example, team managers, team leaders, independent reviewing officers (if supervising social workers).
- Aspirant team managers: experienced practice supervisors who want to develop into team managers.