- Step up to a management-level role without leaving practice.
- Access to a high-quality systemic training programme.
- Demonstrate through a portfolio of work that you meet the Practice Educator Professional Standards (Stage 2).
- Receive support and mentoring from one of Frontline’s practice tutors.
- Influence and shape practice, and practice education, across your local authority.
Consultant Social Worker
Download job pack
Our culture of freedom and responsibility
What is Frontline?
Frontline is England’s largest social work charity. Everything we do aims to make life better for children who need a social worker, to help keep them safe from harm and to give them every possible chance to fulfil their potential. We do this through developing excellent social work practice, leadership and innovation.
One of the ways we make this happen is by recruiting and teaching a new, diverse generation of social workers specialising in child protection to join our Frontline programme. The programme is a three-year social work training programme for graduates and career changers.
What is a consultant social worker?
The consultant social worker (CSW) role is pivotal to the participants’ first year on the programme. Each CSW is responsible for five participants who are undertaking their Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work. CSWs work with participants using a practice hub model approach – a systemic practice model for working with families, with cases managed through weekly hub meetings. These meetings provide a dynamic learning environment and a reflective space to think systemically about the cases in the hub.
The role offers those who wish to remain in practice the opportunity to do so alongside the chance to take on supervisory and management responsibility for a small team.
What will I get from the role?
How to apply:
- Click the ‘Apply now’ button above to complete an application form. Search for the local authority you are applying for when selecting a vacancy.
- Anonymous scoring: the panel, which includes a representative from Frontline and the local authority, will anonymously score the applications.
- Attend an interview: if shortlisted, you will be asked to complete a role play and interview.
Closing date: 26 February 2024
Closing date: 1 March 2024
Closing date: 13 March 2024
Closing date: 12 March 2024
Rochdale, North West
Closing date: 8 March 2024
For further information on this vacancy please contact email@example.com.
Closing date: 3 March 2024
Want to learn more?
If you’d like to learn more about the role before applying, you should consider joining one of our consultant social worker briefings. These are online sessions taking place on Zoom hosted by our placement managers and a current/former consultant social worker. This is your opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the day-to-day life of a consultant social worker.
We have a variety of different dates and times to chose from. Please click below to see the full list of available times:
If you have any questions about the application process or the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our FAQs page for more information.