We are not currently accepting applications for Pathway 1. Register your interest to receive a notification when applications open again.
This pathway will empower you to model and develop excellent social work practice and leadership in others. You will develop your skills and those of your team, within child and family social work services.
Why apply to Pathway 1?
Pathway 1 will give you evidence-informed tips, tools and approaches to:
- lead supervision sessions effectively
- create a safe and inclusive team culture
- support the mental health and wellbeing of practitioners
- effectively manage risk and lead multi-agency relationships
- reduce bureaucracy so practitioners can spend more time with children and families
- draw on research to develop the quality of practice
On completing the programme you will receive a certificate of completion and CPD record. The CPD record provides details of your learning and supports you to log your CPD for professional registration.
You can enjoy continued access to the practice supervisor network to support you in your ongoing development.
And completion of this pathway prepares you for accessing Pathway 2.
What does Pathway 1 involve?
Pathway 1 is a 3-month programme with a time commitment of approximately 4 days, including one residential (2 days / 2 nights).
The programme is fully funded by the Department of Education, so there is no charge to you or your employer. However, it’s vital that you attend all sessions and are given sufficient time to complete the self-study modules to ensure you can gain the full benefit of the programme.
You will need to confirm that you have line manager support when applying to ensure full engagement and participation in all elements of the programme.
Who is Pathway 1 for?
This pathway is for:
- Practice supervisors or those in an equivalent role.
- Qualified social workers whose primary responsibility is to supervise the practice and decision making of child and family practitioners.
For example, advanced practitioners, senior practitioners, consultant social workers, assistant team managers, practice educators.